Into the House

Having recently moved into our new house, I am finding it as overwhelming as anyone else might. Yet the things that bother me most are probably not the things that would worry most people.

1) Sounds. The house sounds different. The new new ceiling fan buzzes, lights in the basement hum, and the air conditioning noises are new to me. Even the oven's "pops and snaps" as it heats are different.

2) Smells. I know it might seem strange, but I notice the new smells. The main bathroom still smells of sealant and silicone caulking. The over even has a scent, which I can't explain.

3) Vibrations. The floor vibrates lightly when the air is running or when a jet passes overhead. The triple-pane windows block the sounds outside, but not the vibrations.

4) Light. We lack curtains, so too much light enters the house at times. I prefer things a bit dim.

Sure, I can't wait for the house to be more organized. I want my bookcases in order so I can find books when I want. The kitchen isn't organized yet, but it is getting there. The unfinished floors are a bit of a disappointment, but we ran out of time before moving. Still, I can cope with most things... just not the new sensations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

The Autistic Tiger

Autism, Asperger's, and IQ