My Documents Page

I decided to create a separate collection of "static" documents on my personal Web site. Blogs are good for some things, but not for edited documents one hopes to maintain for a few years.

http://www.tameri.com/csw/autism/

The documents might take a position or two, which will undoubtedly upset someone. Autism seems to attract disagreements. I can only be a voice in favor of science and pragmatism. My goal is to provide resources for parents, educators, and students. As a researcher, I have to hope people will support inquiry, but I have heard some advocates unwilling to consider research findings with open minds.

I hope my writing does persuade some people to move away from certainty. We know very little about the causes and complications behind autism and pervasive developmental disorders. The best I can do is write about what we do know, while reminding visitors to my site that much, much more remains to be learned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

Active Listening and Autism

The Autistic Tiger