Follow-up Post: Any To-Do List Progress?

In an earlier post, I listed some of the goals for my weekend. Now, I offer the reality check.

My goals for this weekend included:

  • Finish unpacking our music collection. (No)
  • Verify technical books are in my database. (Yes)
  • Compose three to five blog posts. (Yes)
  • Edit a client project. (Slow progress, incomplete)
  • Update at least one Web page. (Some progress)
  • Work on my two research projects. (Very little progress)

The music collection wasn't a priority. I didn't manage to put any discs onto the shelves. It is a task I need to get done, since we need the CDs off the floor, but for now it will be a task I do when I need a break from the computer screens.

Verifying my inventory of tech books was important because I'm starting to program again. I can't always remember which books I own, especially since there are new editions of tech books almost annually. Actually, we have so many books on so many topics, I am updating my database to include most of the books we own on some topics. My wife has a database of her books, too; we need to cross-reference our lists. Admittedly, I have purchased two used copies of the same book at least once that I can recall. One of my goals is to keep better track of what I have read and what my opinions were of the books.

At least three blog posts are stored as drafts. I have another dozen started. I will try to have a total of five ready for release this week. For a few years now, my goal has been one post per week to each of five blogs. We've added a "fun" blog recently, but that doesn't need a schedule. The good news is, this post counts!

Editing a screenplay for a client is taking more time than anticipated. I made some silly typographical errors, which I need to correct. I also made some formatting and stylistic errors. The editing is incomplete, as of Sunday afternoon, but I plan to be working on the edits tonight. Still, it will be incomplete.

The Web page I hoped to complete this weekend became a team project. It is a bibliography, which we are linking to Amazon so readers can buy copies of the books we have consulted. I ended up passing the text files to my wife and she is going to add the Amazon code. She's much faster at the "copy-paste" routine than I am — and she makes fewer mistakes alphabetizing books!

Finally, the two research projects received only a few minutes of my time. That's okay, but I want to get the projects organized and ready for outlining. I hope to have the article and the book chapter outlined by the end of this month.

Not Listed, But Done

Fixed a website issue. I did get some work done on a website I administer for a non-profit organization, but it wasn't the client project I must complete. The website issues always fascinate me, so it was easy to focus and find the problems.

Made backups of my teaching data. Since I am not teaching this semester, it was a chance to do what I normally do each summer: archive the data and organize the files on my laptop. I'll finish the housecleaning in spare moments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

The Autistic Tiger

Autism, Asperger's, and IQ