Thursday, October 24, 2013

Life, Death, and Getting Caught Up...

Last week my grandfather was abruptly hospitalized. He died Wednesday night, at the age of 93. I haven't processed this loss, in part because we now live so far away that I haven't seen family in a few years. Moving was a good thing for us, but it does weaken links to family and friends left behind.

I don't want to post much about my grandfather. He was good man and I couldn't write anything adequate. He was the quiet calm in my father's family. Loyal, honest, and caring. Nothing meant more to him than family — and you didn't need to be related by blood to be in his family.

It has been an exhausting few weeks and a tiring year. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to keep the blogs updated.

This year, we've experienced a few difficult moments. My wife had her first-ever minor surgeries (plural, because we never do anything half-way), our little Muttly died of cancer (third cat to die of cancer in the two years we've lived here), I switched jobs, and there have been other stressors.

In the coming weeks, I'll be checking items off the to-do list and trying to return to a predictable, comfortable, schedule.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry for your loss and understand the time you will need to process it. I hope your year eases up. I find that difficulties never seem to come in isolation. Be well.

    Lori D.

    ReplyDelete

Comments violating the policies of this blog will not be approved for posting. Language and content should be appropriate for all readers and maintain a polite tone. Thank you.