Movie Night

Movies are a challenge for me.

I can't even recall the last movie I saw before tonight. It was something in California -- either an X-Men movie or Star Wars, Episode I. (Neither would be my choice. I like cartoons and romantic comedies, usually.)

But, I am in Davis, CA, alone, and wanted to do something tonight. Even though it was $11.50 (plus $4 for snacks), I decided to try Up!

There is a lot to be said for going to a movie in a college town, in the theatre closest to campus. No children. No cell phones. Actually... almost no people on a Friday night showing in June.

It was great. The movie was touching, emotional... and nothing like watching on a television. Because of the price, I doubt I would do this often. But, I'm glad I did. I had forgotten how huge the screens are.

Anyway, it turns out that I can go to a movie -- when almost no one else is in the theater.

Wish one person had been with me. The start of Up! would have been nice to share in a theater with her. It was very touching.

Comments

  1. Good for you! I have not done this yet--go to a movie alone.

    I think it's huge! I want to see UP too; I heard those first fifteen minutes were pretty emotional.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments violating the policies of this blog will not be approved for posting. Language and content should be appropriate for all readers and maintain a polite tone. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

The Autistic Tiger

Active Listening and Autism