Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Career Anxiety

It is that time of the year when I check the job market with the goal of being employed after the school year ends. The anxiety is accompanied by the self-recrimination for not obtaining a STEM degree to qualify for the jobs I know I could do, including teach in those fields.

The disappoint in myself never fades, though it should. I'm a success, by many measures, with a great wife, good (feline) kids, and a nice house. But, I always know I could do more, and could have done more, with my skills.

I lacked discipline, I suppose, along with people skills.

Given a chance, I am going to fix things… somehow.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate! I got a teaching degree in 2012, but I still haven't found a teaching job. Every spring I start applying to every teaching job I can find, all summer I do interviews... and every fall I am disappointed in myself. I am actually working on starting my own little school, I don't want to let my dream of teaching go to waste!

    ReplyDelete

Comments violating the policies of this blog will not be approved for posting. Language and content should be appropriate for all readers and maintain a polite tone. Thank you.