We Need a Break from This Break


One year. The novel coronavirus pandemic has dragged on long enough. I’m tired of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, pandemic. It’s not that I have big plans for the end of the pandemic. We’re not immediately taking or trip or attending a concert. It is the anxiety that accompanies basic tasks that exhausts me. I want that anxiety to go away.

Needing a Break from this Break

No matter how much you might love your partner and your children, there’s a limit to how much together time most of us can endure. A year of together time is too much. I look forward to night when everyone else is asleep. I miss being able to escape to cafes and diners, where I would sit and write or work on projects while consuming massive amounts of tea or coffee.

Susan and I both need “me time” without each other or the girls. We need a break from this never-ending break from social obligations.

The Autistic Me:

 


Check out this episode!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

Active Listening and Autism

The Autistic Tiger