Exhaustion Sets In...

I'm down to five days until my dissertation defense. Following the defense, I should have the doctorate. Grading should be done in the next day or two. Once I turn in final grades, I'm done teaching for a time. This means I really will be done with academia by Tuesday afternoon, shortly after lunch.

Today, though, I was too exhausted to do much of anything. I watched television and listened to the radio. My energy level is much lower than it should be.

I keep telling myself the degree was for a purpose. Right now, I'm hoping I can use it to give my creative writing some authority. If I ever do teach again, it will be a part-time post related to my creative interests.

Once I have a clear mind, I'll offer some general thoughts. I am trying to sort through a great many thoughts and some emotions.

It will be nice to be done.

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments violating the policies of this blog will not be approved for posting. Language and content should be appropriate for all readers and maintain a polite tone. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

Active Listening and Autism

The Autistic Tiger