Thursday, May 6, 2010

Exhaustion Sets In...

I'm down to five days until my dissertation defense. Following the defense, I should have the doctorate. Grading should be done in the next day or two. Once I turn in final grades, I'm done teaching for a time. This means I really will be done with academia by Tuesday afternoon, shortly after lunch.

Today, though, I was too exhausted to do much of anything. I watched television and listened to the radio. My energy level is much lower than it should be.

I keep telling myself the degree was for a purpose. Right now, I'm hoping I can use it to give my creative writing some authority. If I ever do teach again, it will be a part-time post related to my creative interests.

Once I have a clear mind, I'll offer some general thoughts. I am trying to sort through a great many thoughts and some emotions.

It will be nice to be done.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! You can do it! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Comments violating the policies of this blog will not be approved for posting. Language and content should be appropriate for all readers and maintain a polite tone. Thank you.