Conferences

Summer is conference season.

I honestly don't follow the "autism community" and did not know there was an autism conference for individuals with ASDs. The "Autreat" is currently underway, but I thought I'd mention it so people could learn more about the sponsor and consider future events.

Autism Network International
Autreat 2010: Living Life the Autly Way
June 28 - July 2, 2010
Bradford, Pennsylvania
http://www.autreat.com/

I can't say much about ANI or Autreat. I'm sure there is much more to the conference and I'd learn a lot from any presentations. I find the title of the conference odd; I don't know what "autly" is and the suggestion of a "way" to live doesn't appeal to me. Still, I generally dislike conference titles.

The "big event" within the autism community is probably the ASA conference.

Autism Society of America
41st Annual Autism Society National
Conference and Exposition will be held
July 7-10, 2010 in Dallas, TX
http://www.autism-society.org/

I have spoken at ASA conferences and will be at this year's gathering. I tend to wander the vendor area and listen to what people are saying. There are some hucksters present at these events, but there are also a lot of publishers, researchers, and service providers.

There will be a gathering of bloggers Friday night during the ASA conference. If you are going and would like to meet up with the outspoken members of the community, please e-mail me and I'll pass along the "e-vite" link to the Happy Hour event.

Comments

  1. Looking forward to seeing you at ASA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add though that this isn't really a gathering of bloggers...just people going to the conference.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments violating the policies of this blog will not be approved for posting. Language and content should be appropriate for all readers and maintain a polite tone. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

Active Listening and Autism

The Autistic Tiger