Age and Connections

When I was young, I wanted to be an adult. I related more to my teachers than to other students as early as first and second grade. I was interested in current events, the stock market, and science. I was an outsider among my peers.

Now, I relate more to young people than to my peers. It is not an intellectual connection, but I wonder if my emotionally development stalled out at the mental age of 20-something. I was emotionally 25 at ten, and 26 emotionally in my 40s. That would be an interesting phenomena.

Stuck in a narrow emotional range? Being aware that something is wrong, different about me, is a strange sensation.

Do others experience this odd out of synch sensation?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism, Asperger's, and IQ

Keeping Sane and Tuning Out (a Bit)

Listen… and Help Others Hear