Autism Website Converted, Updates to Follow

My autism research and speaking website is slowly coming back online after a minor glitch. While this doesn't directly affect the blog you are reading, it does affect a few people kind enough to link to my personal site.

Over the Christmas break, my wife and I upgraded our home computer systems and much of our software. The upgrades included Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 and migrating our systems to the latest OS X 10.7 release. Overall, the process was uneventful. However, there was one small glitch: our personal websites were created in iWeb. For our business website, we have long used Dreamweaver (back to the earliest Macromedia versions), but iWeb was ideal for visually appealing sites for friends and family.

While I could have forced iWeb to continue working for us, we decided to migrate to RapidWeaver 5. The migration was relatively painless. I say relatively because moving to RapidWeaver did rearrange directories. Several websites linked to information on my personal autism pages… and now those links are broken. I'll do some redirecting of links, but I'm sure some links will simply be "dead" unless the linking site decides to update the URLs pointing to my pages.

The updated URL to my personal autism site is:
http://www.tameri.com/csw/autism/index.html

In the coming weeks, I will restore some of the charts, graphs, and information from my doctoral research. This process will take time, but the data will reappear eventually. The charts on autism rates and diagnostic criteria are useful and I will restore those as soon as possible. I'll also restore some slide shows, most likely during the summer months.

On another topic, I've been pondering adding a podcast to The Autistic Me. I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not, or even if there would be any interest. If you are a reader of this blog, how do you feel about a weekly podcast? Or, is the blog sufficient without the need for yet more of my ramblings?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

The Autistic Tiger

Active Listening and Autism