Some Weeks are Challenging

I haven't had a good night's sleep in a few weeks, but this week seems to be off to the worst of starts. Midnight passes me by, while I work on projects for school, clients, and myself. I haven't been able to sleep well, despite being exhausted. Anemia is slowing my brain and body.

Today I have a dental appointment, my first since moving to PA. I've had some bleeding and receding of the gums, so I'm not going to take any chances. The anemia can be bad enough without more bleeding — and gums shouldn't bleed, anyway. After the dental appointment, it is the last night of summer school.

Yeah! I know the students are eager for classes to end so they can enjoy a few weeks of summer. I need a few weeks to work on school-related projects. I have to make some serious progress on a research paper and on at least one or two theoretical papers so I can keep moving ahead. I don't know if I could call it irony, but I need to prove I could succeed as an academic so I can feel okay about possibly leaving academia. More on that in the weeks and months ahead.

My stomach is making noises that the cats notice. Misty Kitty stares at me, like Mimi used to do. I know it is loud because Susan was 20 feet away in the kitchen and heard my stomach churning. Not a good sign.

Thursday is yet another internal scoping procedure. It will be the third time in a year that doctors have tried to locate the source of blood loss, trying to halt my anemia so I can recover and get back to feeling awake. At least there's no sodium citrate solution this time. That stuff is horrible. Fasting and drinking liquid is much easier on the system (and causes less blood loss). The doctor said he might be able to do a quick surgical procedure if he can spot any tears or ulcerations. Having had laser "ablation" before, at least I know my body recovers quickly.

Friday, I have an appointment regarding two big projects that have me excited. They are website projects, with all the challenges and thrills of fighting Web 2.0 technologies. I'm torn between my need to write and my need to learn more and more about technology. At least I can write about technology, which allows me to explain why I enjoy it.

Our work on the "old house" continues, as well. I'm already looking forward to selling our old house and having a bit more "us" time. Right now, I worry about getting the house on the market and sold before the start of winter. It will be a nice house; it is already much better than when we purchased it. Selling or at least renting the property will reduce some financial stress, too.

Now, I need a warm bath. I'll pretend it isn't already "tomorrow" as I hit send on this post.

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments violating the policies of this blog will not be approved for posting. Language and content should be appropriate for all readers and maintain a polite tone. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

Active Listening and Autism

The Autistic Tiger