University Post Likely

I haven't had enough time to work on various Web projects, including updates to the various blogs. This is one of those months when the rush of activity has a direction and purpose, though it has been exhausting.

For several months, I've been interviewing with a mix of colleges, universities, and corporations. I have struggled to find that ideal alignment of my traits with a potential employer. The job hunt was officially concluded in March after I decided that 200+ applications was enough; one last batch of interviews and then I was going to focus entirely on freelance work.

While trying to focus on consulting and creative writing the phone started to ring (literally). I experienced a flurry of phone interviews, e-mail follow-ups, and travelled to the Northeast. I had to schedule the job-related activities around speaking, editing a book draft, and general life activities. I hate disorder, but that's how life is.
The Lede: A private university has extended an interesting job offer and we are likely to accept the post.
I'm not comfortable sharing details until there is a signed agreement, but it is difficult to imagine I won't be accepting the faculty position. It's a good school in a nice location. Best of all, it is an exciting challenge that fits my interests.

In a few weeks, I will be posting more details.

Parents often ask me about students with special needs and post-secondary education. Part of accepting a post is a sincere belief that I can be an advocate for students. I will do everything I can to work with the office for disabled student services (also known as "disability services") and serve as a mentor to those students. The campus clearly is dedicated to student success, with several programs designed to support students.

As they say, stay tuned for more news.

Comments

  1. Yay! That's wonderful. I hope it all works out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, congratulations! I really hope you get it and it all works out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even a sniff of good news can feel nicer than the stench of bad and/or no news.

    I hope it comes to something excellent for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments violating the policies of this blog will not be approved for posting. Language and content should be appropriate for all readers and maintain a polite tone. Thank you.

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

Active Listening and Autism

The Autistic Tiger