Skip to main content

Weighted Blanket Giveaway Plans

Tomorrow, May 3, we will select the winner of a weighted blanket from:

DreamCatcher Weighted Blankets

P O Box 252 * Stevensville * Montana * 59870
Website: www.weightedblanket.net
email: dreamcatcher@weightedblanket.net

We will select the winner using the following method, to ensure fairness:

1) At the close of the markets, we will use the "basis points" of the DOW (the tenth and hundredth decimal values). For example, if the DOW is 12820.44, we will start with "44" as our seed value.

2) If the seed (dividend) is less than the total entrants, we will simply use that number +1 as the winner.

3) If the seed is greater than the number of entrants, we will divide the seed (dividend) by the number of entrants (divisor) and add one to the remainder (because a whole quotient result has no remainder).

Yes, this is seemingly complex, but it is reasonably fair. Everyone can see the DOW and count through the list of entrants. I'll be sure to post the math and the winner tomorrow night.

Be sure you read about these blankets:


Good luck to everyone entered.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autistic Burnout

Summer demands a lot of social energy, especially for parents. For autistics, the never-ending social calendar of summer can cause serious autistic burnout. Host C. S. Wyatt discusses his need to find a balance between social demands and self-care. Check out this episode!

ABA and NARTH

There must be something better out there. I'm not sure what, but the more I interview functional adults with autism who received ABA-based or similar therapies, the more I know there must be a better approach. The problem is, I have no idea what that "better approach" is. I'm not a psychologist. I'm a language arts and autism specialist. My research is on how autistic students learn to master written communication (which doesn't really mean "written" in all cases). I am not a therapist. I am not a counselor. But there has to be a better way to help students and young children. I am not suggesting all ABA-based therapies in use today are bad. I sincerely believe ABA must be revised, researched, and ideally all connections to anything Lovaas did forgotten to history. I'd even like to see whatever evolution occurs to have a name other than "ABA-based therapy." The history and associations are that troubling. So, understand I'm ca...

More on Autism Puzzle Piece Logos, Symbols, Ribbons

I joined Twitter on the first day of 2011 ( @autisticme ). I also joined a Twibe (seriously?) and registered with WeFollow.com to learn more about what autism-related Twitter feeds might exist. Within a few days, I was already observing a familiar debate. In fact, it the debate I described in the single most-viewed blog entry of The Autistic Me, which dates back to 2008 (see " Logos, Symbols, and Ribbons "). Various "Aspie Advocates" are still protesting the puzzle piece. I'm sure they will be protesting the puzzle piece next year, in five years, and a decade from now. The "neurodiverstiy" (ND) movement doesn't like the puzzle piece. (Everyone's brain is different: neurological diversity is a fact of life.) Honestly, I don't care for the puzzle piece either. I've written and said that I find it personally off-putting. If I am a puzzle, I'm not more or less of a puzzle than most human beings. I'm told, "Oh, no, it is autism ...